BUYERS AND SELLERS
- Do you have any special training in Green Homes?
- Do you have any certifications? Are they up to date?
- How long have you been specializing in Green Homes?
- How many Green Homes have you sold or helped buyers with in the past year?
- Do you have a list of preferred Green Builders?
- What organizations are you a member of that relate to Green Building?
- What types of Green Home Certification are available in this area?
- How do you know if a house is certified?
- Do you know any Raters?
- What Green Communities are in the area?
- Are all homes that have solar Green?
- What does Energy Star certified mean?
- What will you do differently than standard Realtor to market the Green Features of my house?
- (attachments—certifications, checklists, appraisal form, cost savings)
- Information sheets on items around home
- Special websites
- Educate other Realtors
QUESTIONS FOR A BUILDER
What’s your definition of green building?
- What rating systems (Green Built NC, LEED, etc.) have you used and how does building a certified home
- differ from your normal building methods.
- Who are your sub contractors and how long have you been working with them?
- What makes your homes energy efficient?
- What makes your homes durable?
- What sort of windows do you recommend?
- What heating and cooling systems do you use?
- Can you make provisions for future PV installation?
- What sort of decisions will a=I need to make and when?
- Who will be my main point of contact?
- How do you charge for your time- contract price? Allowances? Cost plus? Change orders?
- Always check references and look at jobs in progress and their past work.